Senior Data Engineer
Canada, Nova Scotia, HalifaxEngineering
Do you get thrilled by building data pipelines and porting existing data pipelines? Do you have deep knowledge of data engineering, architecture and management? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and fun are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Senior Data Engineer at Movella
As part of the Data Engineering team you will be responsible for building data pipelines, collaborating with other data engineers. You will improve the data engineering efforts by experimenting with new technologies and tools, while helping maintain the data quality and accuracy of our data warehouse/lake and models.
Our office is based in Halifax, Canada. This can be a remote position with central time zone core hours.
Key challenges :
- Building integration pipelines for various data sources on AWS
- Porting of existing data pipelines to newer technology stack for speed and cost efficiency
- Participate in design discussions on architecture for future work
- Work independently with minimal supervision. Guide junior engineers on best practices and solutioning
- Work collaboratively with the cross geo team in establishing Data Engineering best practices
- Help build the next gen data platform at Movella.
Movella is looking for a Data Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross geo teams. You have:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, combined with 8+ years of overall experience
- 3+ years of data engineering (ETL) experience. Prior experience building data platform highly preferred
- 3+ years Python/Java experience in data management ( map reduce, pipelines, distributed processing)
- Experience in Snowflake – Architecture, data modelling, SQL, Snowpipes, Virtual warehouse management
- Hands on experience with AWS (S3, KMS, Firehouse, API Gateway, Lambda, ALBs)
- Experience using Git , CI tools for deployment, docker and Kubernetes on Linux
- Pipeline development using Airflow / Prefect in a multi-tenant environment
Nice to have:
- Exposure to data models/ data quality tools like dbt, Great Expectations
- In depth understanding of Big data ecosystem (hadoop, presto, hive, file formats etc)
- Exposure to Spark or other Big Data tooling
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
Movella is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.