Senior Data Engineer
Halifax, Nova Scotia, CanadaEngineering
Do you get thrilled by building data pipelines and porting existing data pipelines? Do you have deep knowledge of data engineering, architecture and management? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and fun are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Senior Data Engineer at Movella
As part of the Data Engineering team you will be responsible for building data pipelines, collaborating with other data engineers. You will improve the data engineering efforts by experimenting with new technologies and tools, while helping maintain the data quality and accuracy of our data warehouse/lake and models.
Our office is based in Halifax, Canada. This can be a remote position with central time zone core hours.
Key challenges :
- Building integration pipelines for various data sources on AWS
- Porting of existing data pipelines to newer technology stack for speed and cost efficiency
- Participate in design discussions on architecture for future work
- Work independently with minimal supervision. Guide junior engineers on best practices and solutioning
- Work collaboratively with the cross geo team in establishing Data Engineering best practices
- Help build the next gen data platform at Movella.
Movella is looking for a Data Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross geo teams. You have:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, combined with 8+ years of overall experience
- 3+ years of data engineering (ETL) experience. Prior experience building data platform highly preferred
- 3+ years Python/Java experience in data management ( map reduce, pipelines, distributed processing)
- Experience in Snowflake – Architecture, data modelling, SQL, Snowpipes, Virtual warehouse management
- Hands on experience with AWS (S3, KMS, Firehouse, API Gateway, Lambda, ALBs)
- Experience using Git , CI tools for deployment, docker and Kubernetes on Linux
- Pipeline development using Airflow / Prefect in a multi-tenant environment
Nice to have:
- Exposure to data models/ data quality tools like dbt, Great Expectations
- In depth understanding of Big data ecosystem (hadoop, presto, hive, file formats etc)
- Exposure to Spark or other Big Data tooling
Working at Movella
Movella is a leading full-stack provider of sensors, software, and analytics that enable the digitization of movement. Movella serves the entertainment, health & sports, and automation & mobility markets. Our innovations enable our customers to capitalize on the value of movement by transforming data into meaningful and actionable insights. Partnering with leading global brands such as Electronic Arts, EPIC Games, 20th Century Studios, Netflix, Toyota, Siemens, and over 500 sports organizations, Movella is creating extraordinary outcomes that move humanity forward. To learn more, visit www.movella.com.
Movella is made up of people who are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by nature. You’ll find support at every level, an open door to every level, and cooperation across teams, disciplines and departments We offer a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. You'll receive full training in our products and services and have opportunities for personal growth and development.
We value ingenious ideas, no matter where they come from. We believe diverse thoughts, voices, and backgrounds make us stronger as a company. We know that it is through collaboration with people from all walks of life that we make the most positive impact as an organization.