Senior Backend Engineer
India, Karnātaka, BangaloreEngineering
Do you get thrilled by building new features? Do you have a background in building scalable backend services? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and passion are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Senior Backend Engineer at Movella
As part of the Motion Cloud team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining (micro)services, workflow pipelines that make up Motion Cloud. You will build new features and help improve the architecture, design of the existing system, reduce technical debt and deliver with excellent quality.
Our office is based in Bangalore, working remote or hybrid is an option.
- Building new features as per business requirements in NestJS/GraphQL/Postgres/Argo/Kubernetes/ Azure + VueJS/Typescript for frontend
- Migrate features to a new architecture while still managing business SLAs
- Simplify design for rapid development
- Work independently with minimal supervision. Guide junior engineers on best practices and solutioning
- Work collaboratively with the cross geo team in establishing Engineering best practices
- Help build the next gen Cloud platform at Movella
Movella is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross geo teams. You have:
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, combined with 8-12 years of overall experience
- 5+ years experience of building scalable backend services . Prior experience building SaaS products using Nest JS highly preferred
- 2+ years experience in NodeJs/NestJs/TypeScript/GraphQL required
- 2+ years in SQL development and Data Modelling required in Postgresql / Mysql
- 1+ years Hands on experience with Azure required ( BlobStore, AppService,App Configuration, Azure Db for Postgres,Batch, ). Additionally, working experience with AWS highly desirable
- 1+ year in Docker/Kubernetes/Rancher
- Experience with unit testing /mock testing frameworks
- Experience using Git , CI tools for deployment, docker and Kubernetes on Linux
- Experience in scaling, improving backend reliability
- Work with minimal supervision. Take on full ownership of the assigned modules
Nice to have:
- Experience in Python development
- Experience in using workflow engines like Argo / Prefect etc.
- Experience in using Apollo GraphQL / Postgraphile
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
Movella is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.