Netherlands, Overijssel, EnschedeTechnology
Do you have a solid technical background extended with a PhD in the field of biomechanical engineering, and want to apply the knowledge to solve real-world problems? Do you get thrilled by conducting applied research that produces solutions for health, sports and entertainment market? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high-tech company, where people and fun are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Research Engineer at Movella
As a Research Engineer, you will be responsible for applied research aimed at delivering performance insights that will lead to new applications that combine biomechanical knowledge with current and future Movella products and motion tracking applications. You will be part of the Technology team and report to the Technology Manager. You will be based in Enschede, the Netherlands with possibility of hybrid working.
- Lead research projects, delivering best-in-class solutions using data from inertial sensors combined with knowledge of biomechanics
- Design and develop multi-sensor algorithms to power our current and future motion tracking applications in the domains of health and sports
- Capability to understand application requirements and to translate them into complex, state-of-the-art algorithms
- Active role in identifying new research trends in biomechanics, sensor fusion and machine learning to facilitate human motion tracking and analysis
Movella is looking for an self-driven Research Engineer Biomechanics. Someone who thrives in an environment where your decision making and problem solving skills are highly appreciated.
- Must Haves:
- Ph.D. in human movement science (biomechanics, kinesiology), engineering, biomedical or related field, or MSc with several years of (applied) research experience is preferred
- Strong mathematical/analytical background, problem-solving skills, flexibility in acquiring new knowledge.
- Hands-on with inertial sensor technology
- Command an advanced understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, statistical methods, and predictive analytics.
- Analytical skills and experience in gathering, interpreting, and analyzing data in clinical research and/or product development.
- Excellent knowledge of Matlab and/or Python.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Expertise in writing scientific publications and reports
- Self-driven, good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, decision making and problem solving thinking
- Some knowledge in one or more of the following areas: non-linear optimization, statistical state estimation, Kalman filtering, sensor fusion, tracking algorithms
- Nice to haves:
- Experience in applying machine learning to design and develop algorithms for human movement applications
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Working experience with physiological sensors
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
Movella is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.