Quality Assurance Engineer
Canada, Nova Scotia, HalifaxEngineering
Do you get thrilled by resolving issues through testing? Do you have a background in API and integration testing? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and passion are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as a Quality Assurance Engineer at Movella
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be a key member of the technology team working closely with the QA team, developers, dev-ops engineers, and product/project managers. You will drive best practices within a highly technical and evolving environment and team.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer will verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing to ensure successful feature releases. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for testing the platform both manually and with automation. The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for creating and maintaining both automation scripts/test suites as well as test cases/test plans.
Location: Halifax, Canada is the preferred location, but the role can also be remote for candidates in the Ottawa and/or Toronto areas.
Movella is looking for a self-starting and proactive Quality Assurance Engineer. Someone who thrives in an environment where your analytical and problem-solving skills are highly appreciated.
- 5+ years of professional experience in a quality assurance role
- Exceptional attention to detail when it comes to testing, specifically focused on UX & data
- 5 years of experience in API testing (Postman)
- 5 years of experience in integration testing
- Intermediate SQL skills – able to run select/insert/delete queries, join tables, etc with little to no guidance
- Outstanding written and oral communication abilities, with the ability to understand and execute appropriate levels of technical and non-technical data and analysis
- Perform manual and automated testing for all Platform applications
- 3+ years of mobile testing experience (iOS, Android)
- Strong automation skills. Experience creating and maintaining automated test scripts/suites
- Experience in creating and maintaining Test Plans & Test Cases
- Report defects in a clear and concise manner. Analysis of test results (test log review and triage of defects) and be prepared to support the team in troubleshooting the root cause
- Experience working with AWS cloud services such as SQS and S3 Buckets
- Strong documentation, planning, problem-solving, organizational and customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple processes, priorities, and conflicting demands in a calm and professional manner
- Dedicated team player that communicates clearly and concisely
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
Movella is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.