Embedded Software Engineer
Netherlands, Overijssel, EnschedeEngineering
Do you get thrilled by delivering best-in-class firmware solutions? Do you have a background in embedded software development and do you have C/C++ programming skills? Are you interested to work for a growing and innovative high tech company, where people and fun are part of our core values? We'd love to have you!
Your role as an Embedded Software Engineer at Movella
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing firmware and features for our Motion Trackers and related interfacing and communication peripherals. You will be working on products that focus on capturing, processing and sharing data on body and motion. For all your work you provide unit tests and clear documentation. Together with product management you help translate their product requirements into workable solutions. You will assist in the hardware design process ensuring the hardware functionality can be accessed by the firmware in a practical and efficient manner.
You will be part of the Engineering team. This team is divided into four fields of expertise, being Embedded Software Engineering, Application Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and Quality Assurance. You will be working in an Agile/Scrum team based in Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Design and develop firmware for new sensors and existing sensors
- Design, develop and implement unit tests and functional tests
- Provide clear documentation for your work
- Assist in hardware design process
- Interact with hardware engineers, application software engineers and system engineers for product development
Movella is looking for a result driven and conscientious Embedded Software Engineer. Someone who thrives in an environment where your proactive and can do attitude are highly appreciated. You have:
- At least a Bachelor degree in (Applied) Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of C++, C and Python
- Experience with embedded Linux development
- Low level programming experience with Microcontrollers, knowledge about ARM Cortex-M and Cortex-A architectures is a pre
- Capable of reading hardware schematics especially w.r.t. digital electronics
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Working at Movella
Movella is bringing meaning to movement. This new brand encapsulates the value and technologies from mCube, Xsens, and Kinduct. Our mission is to digitize movement so that people can extract meaning and impact positive change. We provide intelligent solutions for sensing, capturing, and analyzing motion and states of being. Our products accelerate innovation and create extraordinary outcomes in entertainment, sports, health and industrial markets.
Working for Movella is working with colleagues that are inquisitive and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our teams. These teams consist of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for health, movement and technology. Movella offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international environment, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
Movella is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.